West Kootenays B.C.
Archival Fine Art Chromogenic Print
I created this photograph camping in the West Kootenay Region of British Columbia. This trip went down in the hiking history books for me! It was almost freezing as we traveled along the river bed in the early morning, and by the time we reached the icefield it was over 30 degrees Celsius with not a cloud in the sky!
❖ PRINT DETAILS ❖
• My original prints are professionally printed on archival Kodak (chemical print) paper.
• My original prints are created using a Digital Chromogenic-Type Process: my images are digitally exposed and then developed using silver based photographic chemicals.
❖ LIMITED RELEASE PRINTS ❖
• These prints are part of a limited large format release, available in 12x18", 16x24", 20x30" sizes on metallic paper only, limited to 100 of each size, hand numbered and signed.
❖ PAPER FINISHES ❖
● Matte ●
Also known as lustre or pearl finish, this choice is good for my images which have a vintage or rustic feel, can often give my work a beautiful painterly aesthetic.
These prints are good for plaque mounting or using without a frame as they do not pick up fingerprints readily.
● Glossy ●
This paper is a good choice if you wish for my artwork to read more like a traditional photograph.
Please remember that glossy paper picks up fingerprints easily so framing is suggested.
● Metallic Glossy ●
This paper has the traditional look of glossy paper with an added bonus: the silver content of the paper is higher than normal, so physical particles ( very very tiny ones! ) hold in the emulsion of the paper.
The result when my images are printed this way is a print with an extra pop, almost a 3-dimensional look that changes dependent on its lighting, almost as if lit from behind.
This paper is my personal favourite, and I use prints done this way exclusively for my high gloss 3-dimensional blocks.
❖ PACKAGING DETAILS ❖
• Your new print will be hand packaged in a water resistant acid free sleeve, with one piece of heavy weight cardstock to keep the print from bending or folding
• When shipping, your print is mailed flat, letter mail up to 10x10" and small packet for sizes 12x12"-14x14"
• 20x20" prints are mailed flat
❖ IMPORTANT DETAILS ❖
• Your new print will not have the water mark on it, nor does it come with an easel, these are for web display purposes only :-)